Planning Review Committee
Purpose of committee
This Committee re-considers planning applications that have already been determined by the Oxford City Planning Committee, when 12 councillors have requested the original decision be reviewed and given planning reasons for this request. This Committee’s decision on called in planning applications is final.
Number of Councillors 9 (substitutes must not have taken part in the original debate on the application)
Frequency: Meetings are scheduled monthly but will only take place if decisions taken by the Oxford City Planning Committee have been ‘called in’.
More information about individual planning applications
To see representations, full plans, and supplementary information relating to planning applications on committee agendas, please click here and enter the relevant Planning Reference number in the box.
Exhibiting model and displays at the meeting
Applicants or members of the public can exhibit models or displays at the meeting as long as they notify the Committee Services Officer of their intention at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting so that members can be notified. Arrangements for delivery, display, storage and collection of models need to be made with the Town Hall directly.
All representations should be heard in silence and without interruption. The Chair will not permit disruptive behaviour. Members of the public are reminded that if the meeting is not allowed to proceed in an orderly manner then the Chair will withdraw the opportunity to address the Committee. The Committee is a meeting held in public, not a public meeting.
You can record meetings using your own equipment. We have a protocol which we ask you to follow to minimise disruption to the meeting.
What happens at the meeting?
The Committee only considers applications and other items listed on the agenda.
1. The Chair opens the meeting, makes any announcements, and may then ask the committee to decide any non-controversial applications or those with no speakers without debate. The Chair may take items in the order of the agenda or re-order these.
2. The Chair then states the next application for determination. Speakers may be called to the speakers’ table at this point.
3. The planning officer will introduce the application with a short presentation.
4. Those objecting to the application may speak for up to five minutes in total.
5. Those supporting the application may speak for up to five minutes in total.
6. You will have to share the time if there are several speakers in your group.
7. Committee members ask questions. The planning officer will answer these or may ask the Chair to put the question to the speakers. Speakers cannot answer without the Chair’s permission.
8. The Committee debates the application, with advice from officers, and makes a decision.
9. After the decision those interested in that application can leave the meeting or stay for later items.
- Councillor Susan Brown
- Councillor Dr Hosnieh Djafari-Marbini
- Councillor Stephen Goddard
- Councillor Alistair Morris
- Councillor Linda Smith
- Councillor Roz Smith
- Councillor Imogen Thomas
- Councillor Ed Turner
- Councillor Naomi Waite
Support officer: Emma Lund, Committee and Member Services Officer. tel 01865 252367 email email@example.com
St Aldates Chamber
Phone: 01865 252367