Oxfordshire Growth Board
Purpose of committee
The Growth Board became the Future Oxfordshire Partnership from July 2021.
The Growth Board is a joint committee of the six councils of Oxfordshire together with key strategic partners. The Board meets to discuss issues facing Oxfordshire’s future, most often in a non-decision-making capacity.
It is supported by four Advisory Sub-Groups (Environment, Housing, Infrastructure, and Oxfordshire Plan 2050), a Scrutiny Panel and a small team of officers who are tasked with delivering on elements of the Board’s work programme.
The Growth Board support team are not based at this council.
The Growth Board has its own website with full information about the Board and its related committees and working groups, their meetings, and the Growth Board’s functions and major projects.
The Oxfordshire authority which holds the Chairmanship of the Growth Board is responsible for the administration and management of the Board and its meetings.
Membership: Leaders of each Council (Growth Board); members of Cabinet (Advisory Groups); members of the Scrutiny Committee or back-bench members (Scrutiny Panel)
Frequency: 6 scheduled meetings per year
- Councillor Susan Brown Growth Board Member (as Leader of the Council)
- Councillor Diko Walcott Cabinet Member on Housing Sub-Group
- Councillor Tom Hayes Cabinet Member on Environment Sub-Group
- Councillor Alex Hollingsworth Cabinet Member on Oxfordshire Plan 2050 Sub-Group
- Councillor Ed Turner Cabinet Member on Infrastructure Sub-Group
- Councillor Katherine Miles Scrutiny Panel Member
- Councillor Jabu Nala-Hartley Scrutiny Panel Member
- Councillor Lucy Pegg Scrutiny Panel Member