Katherine Rawson Trust
The original Charity was set up under a bequest of Katherine Rawson, made in her will of 1706, for the purchase of some nine acres of meadow land in Wolvercote, known as Poor's Plot, income from which was to be used for the benefit of the poor of the parish of Wolvercote. In 1815 the objects of the Charity were extended to include the education of the poor of the parish.
In 2005, with increased state provision of education, social services, benefits and allowances, the Trustees decided to concentrate their resources on financial support for school and educational activities for the children of Wolvercote families in particular need at Wolvercote Primary School.
Updated March 2019
Mr Michael Daniell