Award of contract for a new Telephony solution.
The Council currently has
• Numerous contracts with BT for line rental and call costs
• A contract with Vodafone for mobiles. This contract ends later this month and can be extended on a monthly basis.
• Various line contracts with Virgin
• A Mitel for our switchboard system which has a two year remaining life span
The Council’s annual telephony spend is approx.is £270k a year and many staff have access to more than one voice device solution.
Organisations are moving to providing staff with a single voice device solution depending on their role and work requirement.
This supply market is now fairly mature and a number of Councils are already implementing this solution and achieving financial savings .
The likely new contract value over 5 years will exceed the £500k threshold so I will require CEB approval to award this contract.
The City Executive Board resolved on 10 September 2014 to give project approval and delegated authority to the Director of Organisational Development and Corporate Services to award a new telephony contract.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure, income or savings of £500,000 or greater;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 01/08/2014
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
Commercially Sensitive Information
Decision due: Not before 31 Oct 2014 by Executive Director for Organisational Development and Corporate Services
Lead member: Finance, Asset Management and Public Health (pre 2015)
Lead director: Executive Director for Organisational Development and Corporate Services
Contact: Jane Lubbock, Head of Business Improvement and Technology Email: email@example.com Tel: 01865 252708.
- 12/09/2014 - Award of contract for a new Telephony solution
- 11/03/2015 - Award of contract for a new Telephony solution.
- 10/09/2014 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019) Award of contract for a new Telephony solution 10/09/2014