To improve accessibility individual documents published after 1 May 2020 are available as HTML pages where their original format supports this
Venue: The Old Library, Town Hall
Contact: Catherine Phythian / John Mitchell / Jennifer Thompson, Committee and Member Services Officers email: email@example.com tel: 01865 252402 or 2217 or 2275
Note: This meeting will be partially held in private
Public reports can be viewed individually from the SJVG meeting page on the council’s website.
Separate packs for each company, containing all the reports for that company, are sent to the SJVG members and their support officers and to those attending on behalf of that company.
This agenda shows the approximate time when the SJVG will consider reports from each company.
Apologies for absence
Declarations of interest
Scrutiny comments and/or recommendations
The Group is asked to consider any comments and/or recommendations from the Companies’ Scrutiny Panel on matters not on the agenda. Representatives of the Companies’ Scrutiny Panel may also comment on substantive items.
SJVG Confidentiality and private session
If the SJVG wishes to exclude the press and the public from the meeting during consideration of any of the items on the exempt from publication part of the agenda, it will be necessary for the SJVG to pass a resolution in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 4(2)(b) of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012 on the grounds that their presence could involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as described in specific paragraphs of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
The SJVG may maintain the exemption if and so long as, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Items relating to the Companies
The agenda item text indicates which documents are available to the public and which are private.
Public reports in this section are available on the website under each agenda to download individually but are not included in an agenda pack.
Oxford DIrect Services Ltd and Oxford Direct Services Trading Ltd (Private)
Those who may attend for this company’s items:
Others in attendance:
Lindsay Cane (Company Secretary)
Gregor Budde (Finance Director)
2021/22 Year to Date Report
A report to update the Shareholder Group on the ODS Group performance and headlines for the year to date 2021/22.
The Shareholder Group is recommended to:
1. Note ODS Group performance to date for the financial year 2021/22;
2. Note the 2020/21 outturn and distributable reserves. The accounts have been signed off by the auditors and filed at companies house;
3. Note the 2021/22 financial performance and progress in driving commercial growth; and
4. Note the update regarding Aareon QL and the depot project
ODS Board Restructure
A report to seek the consent of the Shareholder and Joint Venture Group to a proposed restructure of the ODSL and ODSTL Boards, and the appointment of three additional directors.
The Shareholder and Joint Venture Group is recommended to resolve to approve the:
1. Restructure of the Oxford Direct Services Limited (“ODSL”) and the Oxford Direct Services Trading Limited (“ODSTL”) Boards in the manner proposed in this report, namely that the composition of the two Boards be designed to better reflect the individual business requirements of their respective companies, and will not necessarily comprise exactly the same individual directors, and enable a more balanced representation of both executive and non-executive directors;
2. Appointment of Gregor Budde as a director of both ODSL and ODSTL;
3. Appointment of Anne-Marie Scott as a director of ODSL; and
4. Appointment of Jane Lubbock as a director of ODSTL.
Minutes of the previous meeting [part private]
Recommendation: to approve the public and private minutes of the Shareholder and Joint Venture Group meeting on 01 Decemberas a true and correct record.
These minutes will be published as a supplement.