Agenda and draft minutes
To improve accessibility individual documents published after 1 May 2020 are available as HTML pages where their original format supports this
Venue: Plowman Room - Oxford Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Andrew Brown, Scrutiny Officer
Election of Chair
The Panel is asked to elect a chair for the remainder of the council year.
The Chair must be a member of the Scrutiny Committee.
Cllr Fry was elected Chair.
The Scrutiny Shareholder Group has been tasked by the Scrutiny Committee with scrutinising shareholder decisions relating to limited companies that are wholly Council-owned.
The attached protocol sets out Scrutiny’s role, powers and procedures in relation to the shareholder function for these companies. The Panel is asked to note the protocol.
On 28 March 2017 the Housing Companies Shareholder Group will be asked to adopt the attached terms of reference.
On 28 March 2017 the Housing Companies Shareholder Group will be asked to agree the OCHL Shareholders Agreement.
Oxford City Housing Limited - Business Plan
· Cllr Bob Price – Leader of the Council / Chair of the Housing Companies Shareholder Group;
· Cllr Mike Rowley – Board Member for Housing;
· Jackie Yates – Executive Director for Organisational Development & Corporate Services / OCHL Director;
· David Edwards – Executive Director for Housing & Regeneration / OCHL Director;
· Stephen Clarke – Head of Housing / OCHL Director;
· Nigel Kennedy – Head of Financial Services;
· Lindsay Cane – Monitoring Officer / OCHL Company Secretary;
· Alan Wylde – Housing Development & Enabling Manager / OCHL advisor;
· David Watt – Finance Business Partner / OCHL advisor.
· Covering report
· OCHL draft 40 year business plan
· Deloitte commentary
· Management response to Deloitte
On 28 March 2017 the Housing Companies Shareholder Group will be asked to endorse the OCHL business plan. The business plan was developed by OCHL’s Board of Directors and sets out initial proposals for OCHL’s business over a 40 year period. This initial business plan will be a schedule to the Shareholders Agreement.
It is proposed (in the terms of reference) that once the business plan has been adopted the OCHL Board of Directors will present annual reports and financial accounts to the Housing Companies Shareholder Group.