Agenda and minutes
To improve accessibility individual documents published after 1 May 2020 are available as HTML pages where their original format supports this
Venue: Judges' Room - Oxford Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Celeste Reyeslao, Committee and Members Services Officer Tel. 01865 252946 email email@example.com
Appointment of Chair for the remainder of the Council Year 2023-24
Councillor Lygo was elected Chair of the General Purposes Licensing Committee for the remainder of the 2023-24 Council Year.
Appointment of Vice-Chair for the remainder of the Council Year 2023-24
It was confirmed that Councillor Clarkson would remain as the elected Vice-Chair of the General Purposes Licensing Committee for the remainder of the 2023-24 Council Year.
Declarations of interest
The Committee considered the report of the Head of Law and Governance setting out the re-establishment of four sub-committees for the remainder of 2023-24 Council Year to deal with the casework flowing from the Committee’s own responsibilities.
The General Purposes Licensing Committees resolved to:
· Agree that the casework hearings for taxi, private hire or other driver or vehicle licences, street trading licences and sex establishment licences should be determined by sub-committees on the basis of the Powers and Duties of GPL Sub-Committees at Appendix A.
· Establish four politically-balanced sub-committees of three members, each to undertake the casework of the General Purposes Licensing Committee as set out at Appendix A.
· Agree the membership of the four sub-committees as:
o Sub-Committee A: Cllr Lygo, Cllr Humberstone, Cllr Sandelson
o Sub-Committee B: Cllr Clarkson, Cllr Hunt, Cllr Miles
o Sub-Committee C: Cllr Lygo, Cllr Waite, Cllr Miles
o Sub-Committee D: Cllr Clarkson, Cllr Hunt, and Cllr Smowton
· Agree that substitution is permitted on each of the four sub-committees but that substitutes must be from the General Purposes Licensing Committee and must maintain political proportionality.
· Agree the meeting dates and times for sub-committees as set out in the report.
The Chair thanked Councillor Mundy for his contributions as former Chair of the General Purposes Licensing Committee.
Dates and times of meetings
The Committee is scheduled to meet at 6.00pm on the following dates:
· 05 February 2024
The Committee noted the dates and times of future meetings.