Agenda and minutes
To improve accessibility individual documents published after 1 May 2020 are available as HTML pages where their original format supports this
Venue: The Old Library - Oxford Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Jennifer Thompson, Committee and Member Services Officer
Apologies for absence and substitutions
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Paule (substitute Councillor Taylor) and from Councillor Altaf-Khan.
Declarations of interest
There were no declarations of interest made.
The Head of City Development has submitted a report setting out the details of the applications below and appendices relating to these (attached); and the officer’s report and appendices relating to application 13/01383/OUT considered by this committee on 24 September 2013 (as a supplement to the agenda)
Site address: Land West of Barton North of A40 and South of Bayswater Brook Northern By-pass Road Wolvercote
Details of reserved matters (layout, scale, appearance and landscaping) for a scheme of Enabling Infrastructure Works (such as utility services, earthworks, drainage/attenuation and road works), pursuant to conditions 3 and 4 of the outline planning permission for the mainly residential development of the site (13/01383/OUT).
More specifically these works comprise:-
a) the primary street, street furniture, on-street parking, street lighting, surface water drainage swales, associated landscaping and surface finishes;
b) green infrastructure, the linear park, greenways, hard and soft landscaping, footpaths, cycle paths and ecological improvements;
c) landscaping details for the approved A40 junction;
d) buried services and utilities, foul and surface water drainage, water channels, ponds, sustainable urban drainage systems and underground storage tanks.
This reserved matters application (14/03201/RES) is accompanied by the following additional submissions in relation to conditions and non-material amendments to the above mentioned outline permission:-
i) condition 11 - tree protection (13/01383/CND2);
ii) condition 24 - site-wide surface water drainage scheme (13/01383/CND3);
iii) condition 25 - enabling infrastructure phased surface water drainage system (13/01383/CND2);
iv) condition 26 - site-wide foul water drainage strategy (13/01383/CND3); and,
v) non-material amendments to approved A40 junction e.g. omission of splitter island (13/01383/NMA).
1. 14/03201/RES – to approve the reserved matters application for the reasons stated and confirm compliance with condition 4 (scheme of enabling infrastructure) of 13/01383/OUT
1. Time limits
2. Develop in accordance with approved plans
3. Detailed design of the western play area (LEAP)
2. 13/01383/NMA – to approve the non-material amendments to the proposed A40 junction as approved under 13/01383/OUT
3. 13/01383/CND3 – to confirm compliance with condition 24 (site wide surface water strategy) and partial compliance with condition 26 (site wide foul water strategy) of 13/01383/OUT
4. 13/01383/CND2 – to confirm compliance with condition 11 (tree protection) and condition 25 (surface water scheme for current development phase) of 13/01383/OUT
The Head of City Development submitted a report setting out the details of the applications for reserved matters and discharge of conditions 14/03201/RES, 13/01383/CND2, 13/01383/CND3, and 13/01383/NMA for land west of Barton, north of A40, and south of Bayswater Brook, Northern By-pass Road Wolvercote (‘Barton Park’).
The Committee also had before them the officer’s report and appendices relating to application 13/01383/OUT considered by this committee on 24 September 2013 to which the applications related.
The planning officer recommended removal of the first condition suggested for application 14/03201/RES (time limits) as this was dealt with by conditions on outline permission13/01383/OUT.
Councillor Haines addressed the Committee, raising concerns about the adverse impact of this development on flooding, sewage, and traffic in Marston.
Alex Robinson, on behalf of the Barton LLP, addressed the Committee.
Members of the Committee asked questions about the applications, in particular about parking and cycle parking in the public spaces and at the school; the capacity and management of the sewer system; and traffic movements through the development. Concerns about parking at the sports pavilion and the school could be addressed in future permissions. The need for adequate planting to prevent access from the open space to the A40 at the entrance to the development was noted.
Motions to grant permission for each application were proposed and put to the vote in turn.
The Committee resolved to:
1. Approve the reserved matters application 14/03201/RES and confirm compliance with condition 4 (scheme of enabling infrastructure) of 13/01383/OUT with the following conditions:
1. Develop in accordance with approved plans.
2. Detailed design of the western play area (LEAP).
2. Approve application 13/01383/NMA ( non-material amendments to the proposed A40 junction as approved under 13/01383/OUT);
3. Approve application 13/01383/CND3 (compliance with condition 24 (site wide surface water strategy) and partial compliance with condition 26 (site wide foul water strategy) of 13/01383/OUT); and
4. Approve application 13/01383/CND2 (compliance with condition 11 (tree protection) and condition 25 (surface water scheme for current development phase) of 13/01383/OUT).