To increase the budget for the purchase of shares in the OxWED Limited Liability Partnership.
OxWED is a 50/50 joint venture (JV) between Oxford City Council and Nuffield College. The objective of the partnership is to facilitate the redevelopment of the land off Oxpens Road, adjacent to the Ice Rink.
The current joint venture structure is due to be replaced by a new Limited Liability Partnership on 15 December 2021.
This decision will enable the Council to enter into a new Limited Liability Partnership on 15 December 2021.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: Carfax & Jericho;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 07/10/2021
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt -
Decision due: 10 Nov 2021 by Cabinet
Decision due: 29 Nov 2021 by Council
Decision due: 10 Dec 2021 by Officer Executive Decisions
Decision due: 14 Dec 2021 by Chief Executive
Decision due: Before 31 Mar 2022 by Head of Financial Services
Considered on: 29 Nov 2021 by Council
Lead member: Deputy Leader (Statutory) - Finance and Asset Management
Lead director: Head of Financial Services
Department: Corporate Property dept
Reason date could change: Provisional: Decision reliant on another action or process
Is the date subject to change: No
- 10/12/2021 - To enter into the new OxWED Limited Liability Partnership
- 12/12/2021 - Creation of the new LLP entity to facilitate the restructure of the OxWED JV
- 19/10/2021 - Shareholder and Joint Venture Group Restructure of OXWed Joint Venture for the Oxpens redevelopment 19/10/2021
- 10/11/2021 - Cabinet Restructure of OXWed JV 10/11/2021
- 29/11/2021 - Council Restructure of OXWed JV 29/11/2021
- 29/11/2021 - Council Exempt appendix for item 12: Restructure of OxWED JV 29/11/2021