Submission to ERDF Innovation Call for Oxfordshire
To brief members
on officer’s work with partners to deliver a specific element
of the county-wide ERDF Innovation call, namely the Smart Oxford
initiative initiated by OSP, of which the council is a leading
partner (http://oxfordsmartcity.uk). The approach is two-fold and
includes capital and revenue elements, generally match funded
• The ‘Smart Oxford Incubator’ - a collaborative co-working space that will be used to nurture and accelerate business growth related to ‘Smart City’ products, services and applications. In turn, this potentially enhances the development of digital and perhaps social enterprise sectors, and promotes public sector innovation and commercialisation.
• Dedicated, fixed-term (3 years), staff resourcing for Smart Oxford to ensure closer collaboration with business in order to boost sector development, and deliver projects, products and services that will benefit the public sector and city residents, as well as create business new opportunities.
A business case has been prepared by the Oxfordshire consortium and is with DCLG for agreement. Members are asked to decide whether to give officers authority to accept the grant, if successful, identify the required match funding, and agree contractual details to deliver the project.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: Carfax; Rose Hill and Iffley;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/07/2016
Decision due: 15 Sep 2016 by City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision due: 29 Sep 2016 by Council
Reason: Council: Confirmed
Lead member: Corporate Strategy and Economic Development
Department: Planning, Sustainable Development and Regulatory Services
Contact: Matthew Peachey, Economic Development Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01865 252021.
Reason date could change: Confirmed Council: Confirmed
- 19/09/2016 - ERDF Innovation Projects - match funding
- 17/10/2016 - Submission to ERDF Innovation Call for Oxfordshire
- 05/09/2016 - Scrutiny Committee European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Innovation Projects - match funding 05/09/2016
- 15/09/2016 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019) European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Innovation Projects - match funding 15/09/2016
- 29/09/2016 - Council Submission to ERDF Innovation Call for Oxfordshire 29/09/2016