Use the search options at the bottom of the page to find information regarding recent decisions that have been taken by the council’s committees and officers.
29/10/2020 - Postponement of door-to-door canvassing due to Covid-19 and mitigating measures ref: 2022 Recommendations Approved
To postpone the face-to-face canvass due to the public health situation and to take mitigating measures to ensure that the electoral roll is updated and maintained.
Decision Maker: Head of Law and Governance
Decision published: 16/11/2020
Effective from: 29/10/2020
To postpone the physical face-to-face visits of the canvass (c.10,000 properties) with that decision to be reviewed in early 2021, and to take the following mitigating measures:
· investigate whether there are any further data sets that could be used to “return” a property;
· where a property remains outstanding send a further canvass form;
· send an e-mail, where possible, to encourage a response to that form;
· carry out a telephone canvass of outstanding properties where possible;
· plan to carry out the personal visit phase at some point in the early spring (February/early March 2021) if the public health situation allows;
· use the Council’s social media channels to publicise the personal visit/form delivery at that time;
· write to the occupants of each known House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) in the City.