Issue - decisions
Diamond Place Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)- Adoption
09/04/2021 - Diamond Place - commission Carter Jonas to deliver an additional option
The decision is to commission Carter Jonas to undertake an additional option to explore how the council could proceed with an initial phase of development on its own land.
10/07/2015 - Diamond Place Development Brief Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - Adoption
The Executive Director of Regeneration and Housing submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which sought approval for the Diamond Place Development Supplementary Planning Document.
Cllr Hollingsworth, Board Member for Planning, Transport and Regulatory Service presented the report. He said that this document was intended to provide context and detail to the existing policies (such as SP14) and that they were intended as guidance to shape the plans for the development of Diamond Place. He stressed that the proposals in the document were not definitive and did not preclude any options that would emerge in more detailed planning discussions.
In response to the points raised by Cllr Gant he said that:
· The concerns about the Diamond Place / Banbury road junction were recognised and a range of options would be carefully considered
· Public open space would be available for all user groups
· Inclusion of other “health services” such as dental practices would be welcome
· All OCC housing policies would apply to the Diamond Place development
· The valued contribution of the North Oxfordshire Association Community Centre was recognised by the Council. NOA would be fully involved in the on-going discussions regarding the proposed relocation of the centre to ensure that there was no risk to services or reputation.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. ADOPT the Diamond Place Development Supplementary Planning Document;
2. DELEGATE AUTHORITY TO the Head of Planning and Regulatory to make any necessary editorial corrections to the document prior to publication in consultation with the Board Member for Planning, Transport and Regulatory Services.
17/02/2015 - Draft Diamond Place Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Head of City Development submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which detailed the draft Diamond Place Supplementary Planning Document for public consultation
Cllr Fooks expressed the concerns of the North Oxford Association (NOA) who had missed the last consultation workshop. NOA would prefer to retain their current building rather than get a new one as it is not very old and it serves the community well.
Cllr Fooks made the following points:
· A new multi-use health centre with x-rays, bloods, physiotherapy facilities would be great.
· That in future, officers notify people that are directly affected about the proposal before it goes public.
· That the proposal of Summerfield school releasing some of their playing site for new houses be consider as part of the plan.
Cllr Price, Board member for Corporate Strategy, Economic Development and Planning explained that the NOA building was an inefficient use of space, and this draft plan merely offered an opportunity to use the space better.
Joint leisure, community and health area.
The plan had assumed the availability of the potential housing development site which is why the path to the site was mentioned in the report.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. APPROVE the Draft Supplementary Planning Document for public consultation
2. ENDORSE the accompanying Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report
3. AUTHORISE the Head of City Development to make any necessary editorial corrections to the document prior to publication in consultation with the Board Member