Issue - decisions
Council considered a report of the Head of Law and Governance which detailed recommended changes to the Council’s Constitution following an annual review of the Constitution overseen by an informal Cross-Party Constitution Group.
Councillor Chapman, Board Member for Customer Focused Services, presented the report.
Councillor Simmons, seconded by Councillor Gant, proposed the following amendment which was tabled at the meeting:
Item 9 Constitution Appendix 2 p70; Appendix 1 p8 #49
Section 11.18 (c): alter the word limit on motions to 500 words (from proposed 300 words)
Councillor Chapman accepted the proposed amendment and moved the amended recommendations which were adopted on being seconded and put to the vote.
Council resolved to:
1. Approve the list of proposed amendments to the Constitution detailed in Appendix 1 and highlighted in Appendix 2 and subject to the inclusion of a further amendment to Section 11.18 (c) to alter the word limit on motions to 500 words.
2. Adopt the revised Oxford City Council Constitution as presented in Appendix 2 with the addition of the change at (1) above.
3. Delegate authority to the Head of Law and Governance to amend any further wording that is identified as being inconsistent with the changes approved by Council.
4. Delegate authority to the Head of Law and Governance to amend the Constitution to include a social media policy, following consideration and approval by the Standards Committee.
Council considered a report of the Acting Head of Law and Governance setting out proposed changes to the Council’s Constitution.
Council resolved to approve, with immediate effect, the amendments to the Constitution outlined in the report and detailed in appendices 1 to 4:
Appendix 1 – Petitions Scheme
Appendix 2 – Contract Procedure Rules
Appendix 3 - Miscellaneous proposed changes
Appendix 4 – Annex to Whistleblowing Policy
Council resolved to approve, with immediate effect:
the amendments to the Constitution outlined in the report
and the amendments in:
Appendix 1 – Full Council Procedures;
Appendix 2 – Board Procedures; with amendments:
1. correcting the order of 12.7 Order of business to show
reports from scrutiny committees to be taken before items for decision
2. addresses and questions by members of the public, 15 minutes in total.
Appendix 3 - Code of Practice for dealing with planning applications at Area Committees and Planning Review Committees;
Appendix 4 – Code on Councillor-Officer Relations;
Appendix 5 - Miscellaneous proposed changes.
Note not part of resolution: suggested review reduction in allowances for non-attendance at training.