Issue - decisions
Appointment to Outside Bodies 2019/20
The Head of Law and Governance had submitted a report to agree appointments to charities, trusts, community associations and other organisations for the 2018/19 Council Year.
The Leader introduced the report. The nominations provided were agreed subject to the following changes:
· Risinghurst Community Centre - Removal of Councillor Roz Smith from the list. A replacement to be agreed in discussion with Councillor Tidball and the Monitoring Officer;
· City of Oxford Charity – Addition of Councillor Altaf-Khan to the Liberal Democrat post; and
· Headington Parish Charity – Following the resignation of Councillor Wilkinson, agreed that a replacement should not be sought until after the forthcoming by-election.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Approve appointments to charities, trusts, community associations and other organisations as shown in Appendices 1A – 1E, subject to the changes mentioned above.
2. Note the guidance for appointees as detailed in Appendix 2;
3. Agree to adopt the draft categories for appointments to outside bodies as detailed in the report at paragraphs 7 - 8; and
4. Agree to remove EMBS Community College, District Council's Network Association and the LGA General Assembly from the list of charities, trusts, community associations and other organisations as detailed at paragraph 14 of the report.