Issue - meetings
Update on Partnerships - Oxfordshire Children's Trust Board
Meeting: 29/04/2019 - Council (Item 106)
This item was taken before the public addresses.
Council had before it a report of the Assistant Chief Executive on the work of the Children’s Trust Board, introduced by Councillor Tidball
Councillor Tidball in her introduction and in answer to questions reported:
· the Oxfordshire Children and Young People’s plan was attached for information: the city council also had its own separate strategy focussed on the city’s needs;
· she noted comments that there were good existing support services (carers’ groups and charities) available for the approximately 2000 young carers in the city;
· the rise in mental ill-health among young people was discussed at the Board, and measures to tackle this would continue to be part of the City Council’s strategy and the work of the youth ambition team;
· she had asked that assessment of the harm caused by, and work to stop, racist/ phobic behaviours be included in the action plans;
· she had recommended to the Health Improvement Board that looked-after children were represented on the Board and its subsidiaries.
Council noted the report and the answers to questions.