Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme Project
Decision Maker: Executive Director for Sustainable City
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
· To update Members on the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme
· To request CEB to agree delegated authority to Executive Director Community Services, in in consultation with the Section 151 and Monitoring Officers, to be able to appoint and award to preferred principal contractor
· To request Council approval to the revised project budget
Awarding the design services contract for the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme
Reasons for the decision:
The Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme is a project being undertaken by Oxford City Council to reduce the risk of flash flooding in the residential areas around Northway Community Field and Court Place Farm recreation area in the East of Oxford.
As a result of the measures installed by this project, all 110 properties will received a benefit of reduced flood risk with 91 properties being completely removed from the risk of flooding.
This project was granted project approval at CEB on 12th November 2015.
The agreed procurement strategy that was taken for design services is as follows:-
· Atkins Ltd. be appointed as a direct award via Lot 16 of the Crown Commercial Services framework RM830 (Environment & Sustainability Advice Support & Delivery Services).
The procurement strategy for design services for the project was signed off in September by the capital sub group and the board as part of Gateway 2.
The CAMAC board has reviewed our procurement process and recommendation to appoint and granted gateway 3 approval on 13/11/15.
Alternative options considered:
Not to award a design services contract for the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme
Publication date: 31/12/2015
Date of decision: 25/11/2015
- Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme Project