Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme Project
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
· To update Members on the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme
· To request CEB to agree delegated authority to Executive Director Community Services, in in consultation with the Section 151 and Monitoring Officers, to be able to appoint and award to preferred principal contractor
· To request Council approval to the revised project budget
The Executive Director, Community Services submitted a report which sought project approval for the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme.
Cllr Tanner, Executive Board Member for Climate Change and Cleaner Greener Oxford presented the report and commended the scheme to the Board as it would reduce the risk of flash flooding in Northway and Marston.
The Board expressed their appreciation to Cllr Roy Darke and the members of the Waste Water Flooding Scrutiny Panel for their commitment to investigating the problems in Northway and Marston and pursuing a solution with the relevant agencies. The Board also thanked the Northway and Marston Flood Scheme Manager for her contribution to the development of the scheme and the successful grant application.
The Executive Director, Community Services reminded the Board that the Council carried all of the risk associated with the completion of the scheme and although there was a reasonable contingency built into the budget it was a material consideration in determining whether to approve the scheme.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. grant project approval for the scheme;
2. note the reduction in the need for Oxford City Council capital funding provision to deliver this project (a release of £1,268,000);
3. grant delegated authority to Executive Director, Community Services, in consultation with the Monitoring Officer and s151 Officer, to be able to enter into any necessary funding agreements to secure the external funding for the scheme; and
4. recommend Council to resolve to include the additional budget of £928,000 for the Northway and Marston Flood Alleviation Scheme in the Capital Programme (£2,196,000 financed from external funding, £400,000 financed from Council capital).
Report author: Head of Business Improvement
Publication date: 13/11/2015
Date of decision: 12/11/2015
Decided at meeting: 12/11/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 18/11/2015