Adoption of Leisure & Wellbeing Strategy 2015 - 2020
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To adopt the Leisure & Wellbeing Strategy following public consultation
The Head of Community Services submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which presented the Leisure & Wellbeing Strategy 2015-2020 that had been updated to reflect responses from public consultation.
Cllr Rowley, Executive Board Member for Leisure, Parks and Sports presented the report and tabled the City Executive Board responses to the Scrutiny Committee recommendations (appended).
Cllr Simmons, Chair of Scrutiny Committee, said that the Scrutiny Committee had concluded that the overall leisure offer in the City was very good and he was pleased to note that the recommendations had been accepted in whole or in part.
The Head of Community Services undertook to provide the Board with an update on progress in developing and improving the leisure elements of the Council’s social media apps.
In discussion the Board noted that although the Council did not provide any specific leisure activities for disabled residents on the autistic spectrum, the “low impact” activities such as pilates and outdoor activities were regarded as being suitable. These were complemented by activities provided by organisations like the Pegasus Theatre and the South Oxfordshire Adventure Playground. The Head of Community Services said that this was a matter that could be kept under review. The Board was pleased to note the important role of volunteers in providing the City’s leisure service.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Approve the Leisure & Wellbeing Strategy, 2015-2020.
Report author: Head of Leisure, Parks and Communities
Publication date: 14/09/2015
Date of decision: 10/09/2015
Decided at meeting: 10/09/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 17/09/2015
- Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy 2015 - 2020 report PDF 89 KB View as DOC (1) 206 KB
- Appendix 1 Risk Register Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy PDF 26 KB
- Appendix 2 EQIA Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy PDF 62 KB View as DOC (3) 142 KB
- Appendix 3 Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy Draft v5.1 13.8.15 PDF 510 KB
- Appendix 3a FPM Pools Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 4 Summary of consulation results Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy PDF 135 KB View as DOC (6) 348 KB
- Executive response to Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy PDF 19 KB View as DOCX (7) 17 KB