Award of contract for IT Infrastructure Services
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To award a contract to provide Council’s ICT services and support.
The Head of Business Improvement and Technology submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which detailed the outcome of the tender process carried out to appoint one or more IT infrastructure partners and which recommended the award of a single contract for all five lots to Specialist Computer Centre Ltd (SCC Ltd).
Councillor Susan Brown, Board Member Customer and Corporate Services introduced the report.
In response to questions the Head of Business Improvement and Technology and Chief Technology and Information Manager explained that:
· the new contract would deliver an immediate £150k pa saving;
· SCC Ltd held the highest level of government accreditation for security;
· SCC Ltd were already known to the Council as they were a sub-contractor to the existing contract with the County Council;
· the tender lots had requested industry standard service levels;
· the Council would assume in-house responsibility for the support desk services provided to members and staff.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. grant project approval for the new IT Infrastructure arrangements
described in the report;
2. approve the award of a single contract to SCC Ltd. to deliver all five service lots as set out in the tender for IT infrastructure for a period of five years with the option to extend for up to a further five years;
3. delegate authority to finalise the detailed terms of the contract with the said supplier to the Executive Director, Organisational Development and Corporate Services, in consultation with the Head of Law and Governance.
The Board noted that this was the last attendance at CEB of Jane Lubbock, Head of Business Improvement and Technology. They thanked her for her 26 years of service to the Council and wished her well in her new position.
Report author: Jane Lubbock
Publication date: 31/07/2015
Date of decision: 30/07/2015
Decided at meeting: 30/07/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 05/08/2015
- Award of contract for replacement ICT infrastructure service PDF 106 KB View as DOC (1) 228 KB
- Appendix 1 - risk register - Award of contract for replacement ICT infrastructure service PDF 21 KB
- Appendix 2 - Award of contract for replacement ICT infrastructure service PDF 26 KB View as DOCX (3) 21 KB