Diamond Place Development Brief Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - Adoption
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019), Executive Director (Development)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Executive Director of Regeneration and Housing submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which sought approval for the Diamond Place Development Supplementary Planning Document.
Cllr Hollingsworth, Board Member for Planning, Transport and Regulatory Service presented the report. He said that this document was intended to provide context and detail to the existing policies (such as SP14) and that they were intended as guidance to shape the plans for the development of Diamond Place. He stressed that the proposals in the document were not definitive and did not preclude any options that would emerge in more detailed planning discussions.
In response to the points raised by Cllr Gant he said that:
· The concerns about the Diamond Place / Banbury road junction were recognised and a range of options would be carefully considered
· Public open space would be available for all user groups
· Inclusion of other “health services” such as dental practices would be welcome
· All OCC housing policies would apply to the Diamond Place development
· The valued contribution of the North Oxfordshire Association Community Centre was recognised by the Council. NOA would be fully involved in the on-going discussions regarding the proposed relocation of the centre to ensure that there was no risk to services or reputation.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. ADOPT the Diamond Place Development Supplementary Planning Document;
2. DELEGATE AUTHORITY TO the Head of Planning and Regulatory to make any necessary editorial corrections to the document prior to publication in consultation with the Board Member for Planning, Transport and Regulatory Services.
Report author: Head of City Development
Publication date: 10/07/2015
Date of decision: 09/07/2015
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 15/07/2015
- Diamond Place Report V4 PDF 108 KB View as DOCX (1) 300 KB
- Appendix 1 SPD for Adoption v4 PDF 3 MB View as DOCX (2) 14 MB
- Appendix 2 Public Involvement Statement V5 PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 3 Diamond Place Character Assessment Background Paper 1 PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 4 Diamond Place Risk Register PDF 17 KB
- Appendix 5 Diamond Place Screening Determination for the SPD - Feb2014 PDF 260 KB
- Appendix 6 Diamond Place EQIA PDF 44 KB View as DOCX (7) 24 KB