Statement of Community Involvement 2014 Review
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Statement of Community Involvement set out how City Development will consult with local people and stakeholders on the development of planning policy documents and planning applications. This meeting will recommend adoption of the SCI.
The Head of City Development submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which detailed the draft updated Statement of Community Involvement to publish for public consultation.
The Head of City Development presented the report. He explained that although it was no longer a legal requirement it was still useful to do. Consultation will run through December- January 2015.
Cllr Price asked that a Members’ consultation session be run at the end of January to review the public submissions.
Cllr Hayes, Vice Chair of the Scrutiny Committee presented the Scrutiny Committee’s report. Cllr Price accepted the Scrutiny recommendation to include in the statement of community involvement how the public can access paper versions of planning documents.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Agree to publish the draft Statement of Community Involvement for public consultation.
2. Authorise the Head of City Development, in consultation with the Executive Board Member, to make any necessary editorial corrections to the document and to agree the designed version before publication for consultation.
Report author: Lyndsey Bayly
Publication date: 26/11/2014
Date of decision: 19/11/2014
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2014 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 25/11/2014
- Report_ Statement of Community Involvement PDF 118 KB View as DOC (1) 218 KB
- Appendix 1_draft SCI 2014 PDF 217 KB View as DOC (2) 207 KB
- Appendix 2_ SCI_consultations examples PDF 7 MB
- Appendix 3_ Risk Register PDF 17 KB
- Scrutiny Report_Statement of Community Involvement 2014 Review PDF 80 KB View as DOC (5) 176 KB