Community Governance Review - Headington Neighbourhood Plan referendum area
Decision Maker: Chief Executive
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
February 2019 - The initial report will set out the timetable for the community governance review in the area covered by the Headington neighbourhood plan. The request has come from the Forum asking the Council to consult on setting up a new parish following the yes vote in the plan referendum in 2017.
October/ November 2019 - Report to Council on consultation outcomes and recommendation.
Delayed due to General Election preparation December 2019, then re-scheduled for March 2020.
Decision taken under emergency powers end March 2020.
To not create a community council for the Headington area, following the results of the consultation undertaken and taking into consideration the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, the Guidance and the recommendations from the Community Governance Review Working Group.
Alternative options considered:
Options considered and rejected:
· To create a community council for the Headington area – there was no majority for this option in the public consultation and this was not recommended by the cross-party Community Governance Review Working Group.
· To delay the decision until such as time as Council could meet – this would delay the implementation of the recommendation of the cross-party Community Governance Review Working Group and prolong the uncertainty for the people and communities of Headington.
Signed off by senior officers:
Gordon Mitchell, Head of Paid Service (Chief Executive)
Publication date: 30/04/2020
Date of decision: 31/03/2020
- report-Council - Mar 20 - Headington CGR PDF 398 KB View as DOCX (1) 583 KB
- r-Council - Mar 20 - Appendix 1 - Comments of Headington Neighbourhood Forum PDF 696 KB
- r - Council - Mar 20 - Appendix 2 - Comments of Headington Action PDF 507 KB
- r-Council - Mar 20 - Appendix 3 - Consultation booklet PDF 4 MB