Oxford City Council Safeguarding Report 2017/18
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To report on the progress made on the Oxford
City Council’s Safeguarding Action Plan 2017/18. To present
on key findings from our external safeguarding Audit Dec 18. To
present the draft safeguarding action plan in response to these
findings for 18/19.
To table a revised safeguarding policy for Oxford City Council for approval
The Assistant Chief Executive had submitted a report on the progress made on the Oxford City Council’s Safeguarding Action Plan 2017/18.
Councillor Hayes introduced the report in the absence of Cllr Tidball. The report provided a very comprehensive picture of the Council’s position in relation to safeguarding. He drew the Board’s particular attention to three matters: the rigorous audit of the Council’s procedure (via the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board and the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board) resulting in 8 out of 10 indicators being the best possible; imminent implementation of “My Concern”, a central reporting system for safeguarding concerns; and awareness training having been delivered to about 400 staff.
The Chair thanked all those involved for a thorough report about a very important area of work.
The Monitoring Officer noted that the reference in Appendix 3 to the Data Protection Act should be to the Data Protection Act 2018.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Note the key achievements of the Safeguarding work delivered through Oxford City Council during 2017/18;
2. Agree the Safeguarding Action Plan 2018/19 set out in Appendix 1; and
3. Approve Oxford City Council’s safeguarding policy updated April 2018 subject to the correction noted above.
Report author: Daniella Granito
Publication date: 20/06/2018
Date of decision: 13/06/2018
Decided at meeting: 13/06/2018 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
- Final draft CEB Safeguarding update report 2018 PDF 136 KB View as DOCX (1) 183 KB
- Appendix 1 Final DRAFT Safeguarding Action Plan 18 19 PDF 187 KB View as DOCX (2) 613 KB
- Appendix 2 Safeguarding groups PDF 50 KB View as DOCX (3) 69 KB
- Appendix 3 Draft Safeguarding Policy 16.05.18 PDF 257 KB View as DOCX (4) 109 KB