National Non-Domestic Rates Discretionary Relief Policy 2018-2022
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To update the National Non-Domestic Rates
Discretionary Relief Policy 2018-2022
The Head of Financial Services had submitted a report seeking agreement to an updated National Non-Domestic Rates Discretionary Relief Policy for 2018-2022.
The Service Manager for Revenue & Benefits, introduced the report which reflected a number of changes to the rate reliefs which the Council had implemented since 2015. These changes included removing Retail Relief, Long Term Empty Property Relief, New Build Empty Properties and Flooding Relief (all of which had been time limited). It was anticipated that 100% relief for public toilets will be able to be granted in the near future this is dependent on change to primary legislation. (It was confirmed after the meeting that the total rates payable in 2017/18 for the City’s 12 public toilets is a little under £14k which is the amount of grant which could be claimed back).
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Approve the updated National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR) Discretionary Rate Relief policy as attached at Appendix 1 and;
2. Agree to grant 100% discretionary relief for Public toilets from 1/4/18 if the bar is lifted on giving rate relief to local authorities by then.
Report author: Tanya Bandekar
Publication date: 28/02/2018
Date of decision: 13/02/2018
Decided at meeting: 13/02/2018 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
- CEB report - NDR Discretionary Rate Relief Scheme 2018-2022 - final format PDF 98 KB View as DOCX (1) 172 KB
- Appendix 1 Discretionary Rate Relief Policy 2018-2022 JY v5 PDF 308 KB View as DOCX (2) 244 KB
- Appendix 2.costs 2016.17 v2doc PDF 26 KB View as DOC (3) 45 KB
- Appendix 3 Discretionary Rate Relief 2018 Risk register for CEB PDF 37 KB