Council Tax Reduction Scheme for 2018/19
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019), Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
CEB Dec 2017: To recommend that Full Council adopt a new Council Tax Reduction Scheme from 2018/19
Council Jan 2017: To adopt a new Council Tax Reduction Scheme from 2018/19
Councillor Tanner arrived for the start of this item.
Council considered a report from the Executive Director Organisational Development & Corporate Services to the City Executive Board on 20 December 2017 asking the Board to consider the feedback from the recent consultation on the proposed changes to the Local Council Tax Support Scheme and to agree the principles of the new scheme to be drawn up for approval by Council.
The full draft scheme was also available to Council.
Councillor Brown, Leader of the Council, presented the report and moved the recommendations which were adopted on being seconded and put to the vote.
Council resolved to:
adopt the Council Tax reduction scheme for 2018/19 comprising that in place as at 1 April 2017 with changes as set out in the options in the report to:
1. Create an income band scheme for Universal Credit customers
2. Remove second adult reduction provision
3. Limit backdating to one month
4. Introduce a minimum income floor for self-employed claims
5. Reduce period where someone can claim whilst abroad
6. Remove family premium for new claims.
Report author: Paul Wilding
Publication date: 26/03/2018
Date of decision: 29/01/2018
Decided at meeting: 29/01/2018 - Council
- CTR Scheme v0.2, 20/12/2017 City Executive Board PDF 145 KB View as DOCX (1) 178 KB
- CTR Schemes Appendix 1, 20/12/2017 City Executive Board PDF 67 KB View as DOCX (2) 21 KB
- CTR Scheme Appendix 2, 20/12/2017 City Executive Board PDF 96 KB View as DOCX (3) 25 KB
- CTRS Scheme Risk Register Appendix 3, 20/12/2017 City Executive Board PDF 14 KB
- CTR Scheme Appendix 4, 20/12/2017 City Executive Board PDF 151 KB View as DOCX (5) 58 KB
- Oxford S13A Scheme 201819 v1.3 PDF 1 MB