Policy on Hackney Carriage Quantity Control – Unmet Demand Survey
Decision Maker: General Purposes Licensing Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the report of the “Unmet
Demand” survey that was carried out between 7 September 2015
and 20 December 2015
- the unmet need survey could be brought forward if required
- feedback from the hospitals and observations from outlying areas such as Headington should be included in this.
1. To note that there is currently no unmet demand for the services of Hackney Carriage Vehicles and
2. therefore to maintain the Council’s Policy of Hackney Carriage Quantity Control and the current quota of 107 Hackney Carriage Vehicle licences; and
3. that a further “Unmet Demand” survey be commissioned in 2018, subject to any future changes to relevant legislation.
Publication date: 12/08/2016
Date of decision: 25/07/2016
Decided at meeting: 25/07/2016 - Council