Scrutiny Panel Report_Treasury Management Strategy
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019), Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This performance monitoring report on the Treasury Management Strategy: Annual Report and Performance 2015/16 is submitted twice a year:
· Dec 2015– the position at the 30 September 2015 (Half Year)
· Sept 2016 – the position at 31 March 2016 (Full Year)
The Scrutiny Officer submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which detailed the recommendations from the Finance Panel on the Treasury Management Strategy 2015/16.
Cllr Simmons, Chair of the Scrutiny Committee presented the report.
Cllr Turner, Board Member for Finance, Asset Management and Public Health agreed the recommendations.
The City Executive Board resolved to AGREED
1. To reword paragraph 14 in appendix 2 and the title of table 5 before Council is asked to approve the Treasury Management Strategy.
2. That the City Council considers all options for refinancing the £20m repayment of its external debt, which is due to be repaid in 2020/21,
3. That the City Council pursues ‘real asset lettings’ at a pace. This could be both a good investment and one which supports the City Council’s objectives.
4. That the City Council obtains independent advice on its liquidity and borrowing potential.
Report author: Andrew Brown
Publication date: 26/08/2016
Date of decision: 12/02/2015
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 20/02/2015