Adoption of Corporate Biodiversity Strategy
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This Strategy sets out how the Council aims to fulfil its duties under the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006.
To adopt the Corporate Biodiversity Strategy following public consultation
The Executive Director Community Services submitted a report (previously circulated now appended) which seeks approval for the adoption of A Biodiversity Action Plan for Oxford City Council 2015 - 2020 following a public consultation exercise.
Cllr Tanner, the Board Member for Climate Change & Cleaner, Greener Oxford presented the report, highlighting the wide range of wildlife and natural habitat to be found in the city.
The Environmental Policy Team Leader briefed the Board on the details of the Action Plan, noting the Board’s concern that there must be close practical links between the biodiversity team and the parks team to ensure that the Council’s practices complied with the principles of the Biodiversity Action Plan. In response to questions from the Board the Chief Executive said that he would be looking at ways in which to promote the Plan with the County Council and other organisations. He would also be looking at ways to promote the initiative to all members of staff.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. ADOPT the Biodiversity Action Plan for Oxford City Council;
2. DELEGATE authority to the Board Member for Climate Change & Cleaner, Greener Oxford and the Board Member for Leisure, Parks & Sport to work with officers to ensure that the park service management plans are consistent with the principles of the Biodiversity Action Plan.
Report author: Emily Green
Publication date: 10/07/2015
Date of decision: 09/07/2015
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 15/07/2015
- Biodiversity Action Plan for Oxford City Council 2015 Report PDF 97 KB View as DOCX (1) 307 KB
- Appendix 1 - DRAFT Biodiversity Action Plan 2015 PDF 2 MB View as DOC (2) 11 MB
- Appendix 2 - Consultation Results Biodiversity Action Plan PDF 547 KB View as DOCX (3) 71 KB
- Appendix 3 - Risk Register Biodiversity Action Plan PDF 19 KB
- Appendix 3 - Risk Register Biodiversity Action Plan PDF 18 KB View as XLS (5) 34 KB