Review of Older Persons Accommodation /Review of Sheltered Housing
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approve outcomes of review, including future
of some of the stock
The Head of Housing and Property submitted a report which presented the Review of Older Persons Accommodation in Oxford.
The Executive Board Member, Housing presented the report and thanked the Strategy and Service Development Manager for her excellent work and contribution to this issue.
The Board noted the following points:
· the need for the City Council to proactively work in partnership with Registered Providers, the County Council and Clinical Commissioning Group to identify the need for extra care, specialist and general needs accommodation that is suitable for older people in the future
· the refocussing of accommodation provision towards older people, 75 years of age and older, or those persons who are younger but with significant health needs
· the importance of learning from the previous de-designation exercises to ensure careful and planned consultation with residents
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Note the contents of the Review of Older Persons Accommodation in Oxford, attached as Appendix 1 to this report; and
2. Approve the recommendations as set out in section 13 of the review document (Appendix 1).
Cllr Price left the meeting during discussion of this item. Cllr Turner took the Chair for the remainder of the meeting.
Report author: Frances Evans
Publication date: 26/08/2016
Date of decision: 17/03/2016
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2016 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 24/03/2016