Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019), Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To adopt the Council’s capital strategy
Cllr Turner left the meeting at 6pm.
The Head of Finance submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which detailed the Capital Strategy and set out proposed revisions to the Council’s approach to capital investment and the rules and processes against which the capital schemes are prepared, evaluated and monitored.
Cllr Ed Turner, Board Member for Finance, Asset Management and Public Health presented the report. He emphasised the importance of following appropriate governance procedures in the future given that the Council had a very large capital expenditure programme to deliver in challenging market conditions.
The City Executive Board resolved to APPROVE the Capital Strategy attached at Appendix A, subject to the Head of Finance revising the documents in line with the comments from the Scrutiny Committee (refer minute 182d).
Report author: Nigel Kennedy
Publication date: 19/05/2015
Date of decision: 14/05/2015
Decided at meeting: 14/05/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 22/05/2015
- Report_Capital Strategy PDF 83 KB View as DOC (1) 186 KB
- Appendix A - Oxford Capital Strategy PDF 260 KB View as DOC (2) 200 KB
- Appendix B - Project Brief PDF 164 KB View as DOC (3) 233 KB
- Appendix C - Project Initiation Document PDF 100 KB View as DOC (4) 158 KB
- Appendix D - Monthly Monitoring Form PDF 104 KB
- Appendix E - Project Closure Statement PDF 101 KB View as DOC (6) 180 KB
- Appendix F - Capital Gateways Process PDF 613 KB View as DOCX (7) 751 KB