Appointment to Outside Bodies 2015/16
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To appoint Council representatives to outside
bodies and charities.
The Head of Law and Governance submitted a report (previously circulated, now appended) which agreed nominations to outside and other bodies for the 2015/2016 Council Year.
The Committee Services Officer presented the report, she explained that the Oxfordshire Partnership does still exist and does still want a council representative. The current Council representative is Cllr Bob Price. Cllr Price agreed to continue as Council’s representative.
Cllr Turner mentioned that he had been attending the Oxfordshire Health Improvement Partnership Board and sought formal nomination to continue as Council’s representative. The Board agreed.
Cllr Fooks spoke about the good work John Thompson had been doing with the Forest of Oxford Steering Group. The Board felt there was scope for the group to be involved in the Bio-diversity Strategy (if they so wished).
The vacancy on the Donnington Doorsteps body was offered to the Liberal Democrats who will confirm their nominee after their group meeting.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. NOT re-appoint to the Mortimer Hall Management Committee, Forest of Oxford and the Susan Kidd Charity
2. REDUCE the number of representatives on the Alice Smith Trust and Sarah Nowell Educational Foundation to one.
3. APPROVE appointments to outside bodies as shown in the amended Appendix 3 (attached).
4. AGREE that any appointments which need to be made during the course of the Council year 2015/16 shall be made by the Leader of the Council in consultation with other Group Leaders.
5 NOTE that guidance for representatives on Outside Bodies will be provided by the Head of Law and Governance.
Report author: Sarah Claridge
Publication date: 08/04/2015
Date of decision: 02/04/2015
Decided at meeting: 02/04/2015 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 11/04/2015
- Report_Outside Bodies appointments 2015 - FINAL1 PDF 92 KB View as DOCX (1) 298 KB
- Appendix 1_ Grants awarded 2015.16 PDF 31 KB View as DOCX (2) 28 KB
- Appendix 2 Councillors Feedback 2015 PDF 111 KB View as DOCX (3) 50 KB
- Appendix 3_Appointment to Outside Bodies 2015-16 PDF 35 KB View as DOCX (4) 28 KB
- Appendix 4_ Risk Register PDF 18 KB
- Appointment for Outside Bodies 2015-16 (minute) PDF 28 KB View as DOCX (6) 25 KB