Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2019/20
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019), Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
A report setting out changes to the Council
Tax Reduction Scheme for 2019/20
Councillors Bely-Summers, Corais, Djafari-Marbini, and Gotch arrived just prior to the start of this item.
Council considered a report of the Head of Financial Services submitted to the City Executive Board on 22 January 2019. The City Executive Board recommended the proposed changes to the Council Tax Reduction Scheme to Council.
Councillor Simm, Board Member for Supporting Local Communities, presented the report and moved the recommendations which were adopted on being seconded and put to the vote.
Council resolved to
1. agree the changes to the Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2018/19 in the report to the City Executive Board and set out in the Appendix to the report;and
2. adopt as the new Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme for 2019/20 the current Local Council Tax Reduction scheme for 2018/19 with the inclusion of the changes listed in the report; and
3. delegate authority to the Head of Financial Services to finalise and publish the new Council Tax Reduction Scheme for 2019/20.
Report author: Paul Wilding
Publication date: 12/02/2019
Date of decision: 28/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 28/01/2019 - Council
- CEB paper for CTR Scheme 1920 (Final), 22/01/2019 City Executive Board PDF 146 KB View as DOCX (1) 183 KB
- Appendix 1 - consultation responses, 22/01/2019 City Executive Board PDF 139 KB View as DOCX (2) 41 KB
- Appendix 2 - Risk Register 19-20, 22/01/2019 City Executive Board PDF 901 KB
- Appendix 3 - Equalities Impact Assessment, 22/01/2019 City Executive Board PDF 144 KB View as DOCX (4) 55 KB
- CTRS Appendix 4 - summary changes for Council PDF 52 KB View as DOCX (5) 16 KB
- CEB 220119 Minutes extract PDF 88 KB View as DOC (6) 184 KB