Draft Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptations Policy 2018
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The City Executive Board on 16 October 2017 resolved to approve the draft Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptation Policy for a City wide consultation.
CEB is now asked to approve the policy post- consultation.
The Head of Planning, Sustainable Development and Regulatory Services has submitted a report which seeks approval from the City Executive Board to implement the proposed changes to the Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptation Policy.
Cllr Rowley, Board Member for Housing, introduced the report by explaining that its purpose was to expand the existing policy and increase the number of residents able to remain in their homes and to facilitate speedier hospital discharges than would otherwise be the case. Among other things the policy would increase the maximum Adapted Homes Grant to £8,000.
The Chair noted the importance of ensuring that the changes were well communicated and sight should not be lost of the importance of paper based communications in Community Centres, doctors’ surgeries etc.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
1. Approve the draft Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptation Policy.
Publication date: 01/02/2018
Date of decision: 23/01/2018
Decided at meeting: 23/01/2018 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
- CEB Report Draft -V2 Housing Assistance and Disabled Adaptations Policy Consultation PDF 112 KB View as DOCX (1) 171 KB
- Appendix 1 OCC RRO Policy 2008 PDF 197 KB View as DOC (2) 146 KB
- Appendix 2 OCC RRO Policy 2017 - Draft v2 11.12 PDF 213 KB View as DOC (3) 400 KB
- Appendix 3 HIA RRO - Risk Register Template PDF 38 KB
- Appendix 4 HIA RRO - Initial Equalities Impact Assessment screening form PDF 129 KB View as DOCX (5) 55 KB
- Appendix 5 OCC RRO Policy 2017 - Draft v3 PDF 213 KB View as DOC (6) 401 KB