Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP) Strategic Economic Plan Refresh
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To update members on the consultation draft of
the Strategic Economic Plan, and to request feedback and
Cllr Rowley arrived
The Executive Director, Housing and Regeneration submitted a report to update Members on the consultation draft of the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP), and to agree feedback on it, prior to formal endorsement of the document.
Cllr Price, Board Member for Corporate Strategy and Economic Development presented the report.
Cllr Fooks said she approved of the sustainability issues which were highlighted by the Scrutiny Committee. She felt the SEP did not put enough emphasis on the gap in key skills and jobs and the need for more affordable housing in Oxford. Cllr Price acknowledged that there were not enough training opportunities available, the Government refusing to release the adult training budget to local councils was not helping.
Cllr Fooks asked for a break-down of costs for the £452M invested in the Northern Gateway project. Cllr Price agreed to pass this information on.
Cllr Fooks asked whether OxLEP had discussed how they were to fund the projects without EU funds. Cllr Price said it was an area for discussion and would depend on the Brexit discussions and whether the Government will release money that would have gone to the EU.
Cllr Turner said that OxLEP needs to remind the government that the scientific and educational communities and tourism are extremely vulnerable to Brexit.
The City Executive Board resolves to:
1. Agree to formally endorse the draft Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership Strategic Economic Plan, subject to the feedback in the report and any additional member comments being relayed to the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership Board for consideration.
Report author: Matthew Peachey
Publication date: 19/09/2016
Date of decision: 15/09/2016
Decided at meeting: 15/09/2016 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 22/09/2016
- Report_ OxLEP Strategic Plan PDF 130 KB View as DOCX (1) 179 KB
- Appendix 1_ Draft Oxfordshire SEP Revised following public consultation PDF 3 MB
- Appendix 2_Strategic Economic Plan Consultation Responses 2016 PDF 623 KB
- Appendix 3_Risk Assessment - Strategic Economic Plan PDF 15 KB
- Appendix 4_Equalities Impact Assessment Strategic Economic Plan PDF 113 KB View as DOCX (5) 121 KB