Review of Discretionary Housing Payment policy
Decision Maker: City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report seeks approval of the revised Discretionary Housing Payment policy for 2016. This policy is amended in response to changes in the government’s welfare policy and the amount of government grant paid to Local Authorities.
The Executive Director, Organisational Development & Corporate Servicessubmitted a report seeking approval of the revised Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) policy for 2016.
The Executive Board member for Customer and Corporate Services presented the report.
Councillor Fooks said she hoped that the council could help as much as possible and while it could not offer unlimited support should offer ongoing support in genuinely exceptional circumstances where there is no other option.
The Chair of the Scrutiny Committee presented the committee’s recommendations. The Board noted the Scrutiny Committee report and their published responses to the recommendations.
The City Executive Board resolved to:
Approve the revised Discretionary Housing Payment policy as set out in the report and appendices.
Publication date: 26/08/2016
Date of decision: 14/04/2016
Decided at meeting: 14/04/2016 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Effective from: 21/04/2016
- Discretionary Housing Payment Policy 2016 PDF 112 KB View as DOCX (1) 174 KB
- Appendix 1 - Discretionary Housing Payment Policy PDF 128 KB
- Appendix 2 Discretionary Housing Payment Policy Risk Register PDF 46 KB View as DOCX (3) 17 KB
- Appendix 3 Discretionary Housing Payment Policy Equalities Impact Assessment PDF 62 KB View as DOCX (4) 20 KB
- Appendix 4 Discretionary Housing Payment Policy background information PDF 51 KB View as DOCX (5) 16 KB