Councillor Louise Upton
Title: Cabinet Member for a Safer, Healthy Oxford
Other councillors representing this Ward:
More information about this councillor
The second and fourth Saturday of each month from 10.30 am to 11.30 am at the Rose & Crown, North Parade Avenue (coinciding with the Farmers' Market in the street), with Cllr James Fry
13 White Hart
Phone: 01865 793899
- CabinetCabinet Member for a Safer, Healthy Oxford
- General Purposes Licensing Casework Sub-Committee
- General Purposes Licensing Committee
- Licensing and Gambling Acts Committee
- Shareholder and Joint Venture GroupCabinet Member
- West Area Planning Committee
Terms of Office
- 19/09/2013 - 22/05/2014
- 23/05/2014 - 03/05/2018
- 07/05/2018 - 11/05/2020
- 11/05/2020 - 10/05/2021
Appointments to outside bodies
- Health and Wellbeing BoardCabinet Member for a Healthy Oxford
- Health Improvement BoardCabinet Member for a Healthy Oxford
- Oxford Preservation Trust
- Susan Kidd Charity
Louise was educated at Grove Comprehensive School, Market Drayton, Shropshire. She obtained a BA (Hons) in Biochemistry from the University of Oxford (studying at New College) and a PhD in Cell Physiology from University College London. She lived and worked in Paris for 3 years before returning to Oxford.
She is a research scientist at the University of Oxford.
Louise is the Council’s Champion for Cycling, and chairs the Oxford City Cycling Forum. As hobbies she cycles and walks, practices good French and learns Italian.
Louise is on the following bodies:
Gatehouse management committee
Mortimer Hall Management Committee
Oxford Preservation Trust
Louise is a member of the following organisations:
SUSTRANS, Amnesty International, Woodland Trust, Oxford Preservation Trust, RSPB, The National Trust and Cyclox.