To improve accessibility individual documents published after 1 May 2020 are available as HTML pages where their original format supports this
Venue: Town Hall or St Aldate's Chambers - room to be confirmed
Contact: Jennifer Thompson, Committee & Member Services Officer
Appointment of Chair
Appointment of Vice-Chair
Appointment of a Vice-Chair may not be considered necessary.
Apologies for absence and substitutions
There are no minutes to agree.
Part II - Matters Exempt from publication
If the Committee wishes to exclude the press and public from the meeting during its consideration of the item on the exempt from publication part of the agenda, it will be necessary for the Committee to pass a resolution in accordance with the provisions of Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 specifying the grounds on which their presence could involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act if and so long as, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
(The Access to Information Procedure Rules at Section 16 of the Council’s Constitution set out the conditions under which the public can be excluded from meetings).
Appointment of Interim Chief Executive
Exempt – paragraphs 1 and 2– information relating to any individual and information which is likely to lead to the identity of an individual.
The public interest in maintaining the exemption is so that discussions and deliberations of the Committee with and about candidates are not compromised and so that the confidentiality of information provided by candidates is protected.
The Committee is asked to:
1. consider and agree the process, timetable and interview panel membership to allow the committee to make the appointment
2. decide a date and time to reconvene the Appointments Committee
The Committee will then adjourn until the completion of the interview process and reconvene to make its decision.
The Committee is then asked to:
3. consider an appointment to the post of interim chief executive including pay, relevant terms and conditions, and start date.
· If the Committee reaches a decision on 24 April, before the Council meeting, the Chair will recommend the appointment to Council.
· The final decision of the Committee is dependent on the decision of Council on 24 April.