Pegasus Theatre Trust Ltd (Including Oxford Youth Theatre)
1. Pegasus Theatre and its core, the Oxford Youth Theatre, aim to make and present performances and related arts work, especially with 14-25 year olds living locally. To meet this aim the organisation:
· encourages participation by young people in a variety of cultural projects;
· books work from local, national and international artists and ensures that young and older people get opportunities to work with visiting artists of different kinds;
· involves 14-25 year olds in all aspects of the theatre;
· provides for different needs and interests in order that nobody is discouraged from attendance or participation by reason of disability, gender, sexuality, race, available time or lack of confidence;
· offers training in a wide range of arts-related skills.
2. Pegasus Theatre is also a performance and workshop venue offering exciting and accessible shows and events for the people of Oxford.
3. Pegasus Theatre works with emerging artists.
The Council appoints one representative annually. The representative is expected to:
· To support and promote the work of Pegasus;
· To facilitate Pegasus working with other organisations for mutual benefit, particularly in times of cuts to public funding.