Super Connected Wireless Concession Award Authority
The purpose of this report is to extend the officer delegation (given by CEB on 9/10/2013) to include the award of a city-wide wireless concession contract providing public Wi-Fi access.
As this is a concession contract it will involve no spend from the Council, instead we expect to generate income from the contract.
We estimate the income for Oxford City Council and the County Council will be in the region of £200K - £400K combined in total (not each) over the potential 15 year term of the contract. The value of the opportunity to the market is not known (nor ever will be) but is estimated to be in the region of £600K - £1.8M over the potential 15 year term of the contract.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 03/09/2013
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Decision due: 20 Jun 2017 by City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019)
Lead member: Corporate Strategy, Economic Development and Planning
Lead director: Interim Assistant Chief Executive Regeneration and Economy
Department: Economic Development
Contact: Oliver Collins, Connection Voucher Administrator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01865 252845.
Reason date could change: Confirmed
Is the date subject to change: No
- 26/06/2017 - Super Connected Wireless Concession Award Authority
- 09/10/2013 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019) Oxford Super Connected Cities Project 09/10/2013
- 25/11/2013 - Council Oxford Super Connected Cities Project 25/11/2013
- 25/11/2013 - Council Briefing Note Oxford Super Connected Cities Project 25/11/2013
- 20/06/2017 - City Executive Board (became Cabinet on 13 May 2019) Super Connected Wireless Concession Award Authority 20/06/2017