Appointment of independent persons 2019
The Localism Act 2011 requires Oxford City Council to appoint one or more Independent Persons to assist the Monitoring Officer in dealing with complaints about councillors’ standards of behaviour and alleged breaches of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
In addition, The Local Authorities Regulations 2015 require the Council to invite relevant Independent Persons to join the Investigation and Disciplinary Committee to consider evidence and provide advice on the course of action to follow whenever there is the prospect of dismissal of a statutory officer of the Council (these are the Chief Executive, Chief Finance Officer and Monitoring Officer).
Council will be asked to approve the appointment of up to four Independent Persons for a period of five years to July 2024.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 31/07/2019
Decision due: 25 Nov 2019 by Council
Lead member: Councillor Shaista Aziz Cllrsaziz@oxford.gov.uk
Lead director: Head of Law and Governance
Department: Law and Governance
- 09/08/2019 - Appointment of independent persons 2019
- 17/10/2019 - Appointment of independent persons 2019
- 24/06/2019 - Standards Committee Appointment of independent persons 2019 24/06/2019
- 22/07/2019 - Council Appointment of independent persons 2019 22/07/2019
- 07/10/2019 - Council Appointment of independent persons 2019 07/10/2019