18/03370/FUL: Simon House, 1 Paradise Street, Oxford, OX1 1LD
Decision Maker: West Area Planning Committee
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Demolition of existing building and construction of 30 apartments (16 x 1 bed, 14 x 2 bed) and associated works (amended plans and additional information)
The Committee considered an application (18/03370/FUL) for planning permission for the demolition of existing building and construction of 30 apartments (16 x 1 bed, 14 x 2 bed) and associated works.
The Planning Officer presented the report and proposed an additional condition relating to the solar panels. The condition will require the technical specifications of the panels to be provided and approved to ensure that the development continues to comply with the sustainability requirements.
Jim Smith and Henry Venners (representing the applicant) were present to answer questions.
The Committee asked for the following informatives to be included:
• The double stack cycle racks should comply with the Thames Valley Police standards
• The applicant should be encouraged to find an alternative treatment to the existing road-side railings on the front elevation which were not in keeping with a quiet and historic street
In reaching its decision, the Committee considered all the information put before it.
After debate and on being proposed, seconded and put to the vote, the Committee agreed with the officer’s recommendation to approve the application.
The West Area Planning Committee resolved to:
1. approve the application for the reasons given in the report and subject to the 23 required planning conditions set out in section 12 of the report, the additional condition on solar panels, the 2 informatives detailed above and grant planning permission subject to:
· the satisfactory completion of a legal agreement under section.106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and other enabling powers to secure the planning obligations set out in the recommended heads of terms which are set out in the report; and
1. agree to delegate authority to the Acting Head of Planning Services to:
· finalise the recommended conditions as set out in the report including such refinements, amendments, additions and/or deletions as the Acting Head of Planning Services considers reasonably necessary; and
· finalise the recommended legal agreement under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and other enabling powers as set out in the report, including refining, adding to, amending and/or deleting the obligations detailed in the heads of terms set out in the report (including to dovetail with and where appropriate, reinforce the final conditions and informatives to be attached to the planning permission) as the Acting Head of Planning Services considers reasonably necessary; and
complete the section 106 legal agreement referred to above and issue the planning permission.
Publication date: 10/10/2019
Date of decision: 08/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 08/10/2019 - West Area Planning Committee
Effective from: 15/10/2019