Commissioning of services at Floyds Row
Decision Maker: Scrutiny Committee, Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Report outlining the short and longer term plans for the commissioning of services for rough sleepers and single homeless people at Floyds Row and seeking approval to commission the services in the first instance via short term contracting arrangements.
Councillors Corais and Gotch arrived during this item.
Council considered a report of the Head of Housing submitted to Cabinet on 3 October 2019 seeking approval to increase the capital budget envelope for the Floyds Row project; to delegate authority to commission further capital works; and to commission the service contract to operate services from this new project.
Councillor Linda Smith, the Cabinet Member for Leisure and Housing, presented the report and answered questions. She moved the recommendations, which were agreed on being seconded and put to the vote.
Council resolved to:
1. revise the capital budget for this project, to take the capital envelope of the project to £1,892,300, including contingencies, as outlined in Appendix 3 Option A, increasing the budget by £1,134k. (Noting grant funding already secured of £275k capital funding from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), and £100k from Public Health England, which will reduce the funding requirement from the Council’s 2019/20 capital programme accordingly, and noting that additional external funding contributions are being progressed from a variety of sources, including the MHCLG; Oxfordshire District and County Councils; the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group and other charitable sources); and
2. make budget provision for the gross revenue costs of providing Floyds Row in the sum of £1.069 million in 2019-20 funded by grants and contributions.
Report author: Rachel Lawrence
Publication date: 17/10/2019
Date of decision: 07/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/10/2019 - Council
- Cabinet Report - Floyds Row (3 October 19) v.0.10 final 17.09 16.46, 03/10/2019 Cabinet PDF 621 KB
- Appendix 1 - Risk Register (Cabinet 3 Oct 19) v.0.1, 03/10/2019 Cabinet PDF 262 KB
- Appendix 2 - EQIA (Cabinet 3 Oct 19) v.0.1, 03/10/2019 Cabinet PDF 96 KB
- Appendix 3 - Floyds Row Financial Analysis v0.3, 03/10/2019 Cabinet PDF 366 KB