Councillor Mary Clarkson
Title: Cabinet Member for the City Centre, Covered Market and Culture
Other councillors representing this Ward:
More information about this councillor
Regular street surgeries held throughout the year - residents are notified a few days in advance.
8 Dunstan Road
Bus. phone: 01865 751493
Bus. email: email@example.com
- CabinetCabinet Member for the City Centre, Covered Market and Culture
- East Area Planning Committee
- General Purposes Licensing Casework Sub-Committee (Chair)
- General Purposes Licensing Committee (Chair)
- Licensing and Gambling Acts CommitteeBoard Member for Culture and City Centre
- Shareholder and Joint Venture GroupCabinet Member for Culture and City Centre
Terms of Office
- 06/05/2010 - 22/05/2014
- 23/05/2014 - 03/05/2018
- 07/05/2018 - 11/05/2020
- 11/05/2020 - 10/05/2021
Appointments to outside bodies
- Fusion - Oxford's Community Arts AgencyBoard Member for Culture and City Centre
- Old Marston Charities Trust
- Oxford Playhouse Trust
- Oxfordshire Museums CouncilBoard Member for Culture and City Centre
Mary was educated at St. John's College, University of Oxford, graduating with a BA in English language and literature. She has a background in Human Resources, employment policy research and management consultancy.
She is particularly interested in planning, licensing and the Covered Market.
Mary is the Chair of Governors of St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School. She is a City Council appointee to the Oxford Playhouse board
She enjoys cycling, gardening, film and the theatre.